People struggling with disability issues and are not able to earn a living, at least for 12 months, can apply for Social security disability benefits. Social security administration has specified all disability conditions under their guidelines. If your disability is listed in their manual, then you can get these benefits.
People who undergo or need organ transplants can get SSD benefits. Patients suffering from fatal cancers like anaplastic carcinoma, oesophageal cancer, prostate cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer bladder cancer, etc. can also receive SSD benefits.
But Social security office Denton Tx follows stringent guidelines for approving disability benefits. They demand detailed documentation in favor of your disability. It can include initial medical tests, medications, pathology test reports, doctors’ prescriptions, etc.
If you have an experienced social security attorney by your side, he/she can assist you throughout this process. The Chermol & Fishman, LLC has excellently skilled attorneys. They have helped many people in getting the benefits they deserved for all the loss due to disability.
There are a lot of procedures one needs to follow to get the disability benefits. Here, all the processes are elaborated to help you get your benefits quickly.
The procedure of SSD benefits involves the following steps–
I. Eligibility check
II. Apply for the claim
III. Rating of your claim
After the final approval, you can receive your benefits. You get your claim according to your rating, which is variable according to your physical improvement or physical declination. There are a lot of terms and conditions which you should qualify to get eligible for SSD benefits.
The disability benefits approval is a long process. It requires a lot of patience and awareness while filing the claim to avoid the denial of the disability benefits claims.
Here is the elaborated description of the process.
- Eligibility check- To get your benefits to claim, you must be eligible for the claim. There are some terms and conditions which should be possessed to get the application. One may be eligible to get disability compensation if they have a current illness or injury, which is affecting their body or mind. Following are the conditions which are a must-
- Served on active duty, active duty for training, or inactive duty training. Have a disability rating of your service-connected condition.
- If someone has a disability issue, his/her doctor has diagnosed it on papers, then they can get their disability benefits based on presumed limitations. The conditions of presumed disabilities include the following terms
- A chronic illness reappearing within one year after the discharge. A disease caused due to contact with contaminants and other hazardous substances. Any illness caused during their time spent as a prisoner of war.
- If the person has any of the above conditions, they can apply for disability benefits.
In case of contamination or contact with a hazardous substance, if the disability genetically gets transferred to their children. Then in such a case, the child will also get the disability benefits. The person is claiming that the disability benefits must have an honorable discharge. The one with bad conduct or dishonorable discharge will not be eligible for disability benefits.
Dishonorably discharged people have to apply for a discharge upgrade before applying for disability benefits claim. If upgrades their discharge, then only they get eligible to apply. Now after checking the eligibility of the person, the second step is to use for the claim.
Social Security Office Reading PA , or any other nearby security office, will consider many factors to issue your benefits. Only deserving candidates who can prove their loss gets these benefits.
Apply for the disability benefits at Social security office Trenton
Before applying for the claim, one must visit a reputed law firm. Efficient attorneys can guide them about the documents and evidence required in favor of the claim. The advocates at the law firm are experienced and well trained to serve people for the purpose.
There are ways for one to apply themselves, but consulting with a law firm will ease the process. The experienced lawyers will inform about all the documents required. They will also tell you the ways to access those documents.
Before applying for the disability benefits claim, you must gather all the documents to avoid any delay or chances of disapproval. Consulting a law firm will help you reduce the chances of claim disapproval.
As evidence, one can show the following documents:
- Medical records, as well as hospital records which relate to their claimed illness or injuries that show the rated disability.
- Private medical records, as well as hospital records which relate to their claimed illness or injuries that show the rated disability.
- Supporting statements from family members, friends, law enforcement personnel, or clergy members elaborating how and when your conditions changed.
This gathered evidence would make your claim strong and will help you get the maximum benefits. The evidence not only works during the application process; but they play a crucial role in getting an increment in the benefits, if your conditions decline.
After you collect all the evidence and get all the documents ready, you are prepared to claim for the disability benefits. There are various ways to file your claim; you can either do it yourself or get the help of officials.
Following are the different ways to file your claim:
• Via mail- You can download the Application for Disability compensation online and fill it accordingly. If you have consulted any law firm, the lawyer will help you fill the form and attach the required documents. You should be careful during the process to avoid disapproval of your claim.
• In-person- After gathering the documents and evidence, attach them with an application. Visit the Social security office Trenton, or office near you and submit the records along with the application.
• With the help of a trained professional – You can consult an accredited representative. They act as a mediator and help you fill your disability benefits claim.
There are different types of claims you may apply for:
- Original application – This is your first claim to file for disability compensation
- Increased claim – When you claim for more compensation due to disability issues, or, if your disability is service-connected, then things can be different.
- The new lawsuit – This is your claim for added benefits or other benefit requests related to an existing service-connected disability.
- Secondary service-connected claim – This is your claim for a new disability that is linked to a service-connected disability you already have.
- Exclusive application – This is your claim for special needs related to your service-connected disability.
- Supplement chain – This is your claim to provide new evidence to support a disability claim that was denied.
After you are done with filing the claim, all you need to do is wait for the approval of your application.
Rating of your claim
After you file your application, the documents which you attach undergo investigation. Once your pieces of evidence get approved, your disability is rated in percentage. You get your compensation according to your rating. This rating system may make your compensation amount variable.
If your conditions improve after you claimed for the disability benefit, your rating will decrease, hence, reducing your compensation amount. Similarly, if your condition worsens after the disability benefits claim application, you may attach further updated evidence. This will increase your rating hence giving a hike to your compensation amount.
If you have multiple disabilities, it doesn’t mean that your final rating will be a sum-up of all the grades. In such a case, the Social security office Savannah PA uses a combined rating table to calculate your final score.
Conditions considerable under disability claims-
- Chronic back pain resulting in a current diagnosed back disability
- Breathing problems are resulting from lung disease or current lung conditions.
- Severe hearing loss
- Scar tissue
- Loss of range of motion, i.e., difficulties in moving body
- Cancer caused due to contact with toxic chemicals or any other substances.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Though the disability claim is a time taking process, yet the deserving candidate always gets these benefits.
Book a consultation with attorneys at Chermol & Fishman, LLC, and know everything about Social security benefits. Our attorneys will travel the extra mile to help you get social security benefits with ease.